YPN: Our Business Plan
Who We Are
Ohio REALTORS Young Professionals Network (YPN) is the future of the real estate industry. Its members are comprised of young entrepreneurs/real estate professionals within Ohio. Through a variety of different programs, YP Networks help:
• Build business and community networks;
• Share resources and experiences
• Develop professionally through educational opportunities;
• Create goals for advocacy;
• Contribute to economic development;
• Leverage future influence.
Ohio REALTORS believe that young professionals are an important investment in the future of this industry. The group is a cornerstone which will attract and retain modern, innovative thinkers and help define the real estate industry’s future with the next generation of leadership. To create a platform that provides young professionals with positive opportunities upon which to build professional networks, social relationships and engage in volunteer activities that enrich and improve the economic vitality and quality of life of their community.
Ohio REALTORS young professionals are the future of the real estate industry. The Association must invest in its future leaders through a statewide YP Network and in support of local YP networks.
Fuel the success of YPN members/chapters by:
Connecting with peers and mentors
1. Ohio YP Vice chair will attend annual NAR leadership conference in August to idea share and bring new ideas back to Ohio;
2. Host annual social event at Ohio REALTORS Convention;
3. YP educational track at Ohio REALTORS Convention;
4. Company Trendsetters. Visit local real estate companies for a tour. Idea sharing on advocacy and strengthening the local community;
5. YPN council (comprised of local chairs/vice chairs) that meets for logistic and planning purposes. Events that are created are open to the membership as a whole, but there is continuity and succession in place when a small body is operating towards the logistics;
6. Organize best practices from Networks around the country.
Inspiring involvement in all aspects of the REALTOR Organization
1. Make sure at least one Ohio REALTORS gets entered into NAR’s 30 Under 30 competition each year;
2. Lobby NAR leaders to ensure that Ohio YPs are named to prominent NAR Committees;
3. Ensure that at least one Young Professional selected to take part in Ohio REALTORS Leadership Academy each year.
Engaging in local government
1. Involvement 10 for 10 RPAC Challenge Empowerment through community leadership;
2. Ensure all networks are encouraged to apply for the Ohio REALTORS Network of the Year
3. Ambassador committee to attend local events.
Why become involved with YPN?
As a young professional you will be part of a greater network of peers who work hand-in-hand within the real estate industry, help shape its future and advocate on the legislative level to ensure the industry’s continued growth and prosperity. Ohio’s YPN fosters an environment of connection with entrepreneurs and professionals whose passion is to make our industry thrive for generations to come. It’s all about your success — getting engaged with local YPN group and businesses through networking, exchanging ideas, and professional development. We’re here to help you succeed.
The Young Professionals Network of the Year Award … (access entry form)
All Ohio Local Association Young Professionals Networks, which are NAR-recognized, are eligible to apply for the OAR Network of the Year award.
DESCRIPTION OF THE IDEAL NETWORK OF THE YEAR:
The ideal Network of the Year is one that is doing the best job possible in involving, recruiting and representing young professionals in the real estate industry and is living up to the goals and mission of the Young Professionals Network as established by NAR. Outstanding networks have members who diligently plan, regularly attend and actively participate in local, state, and national activities that include training, charity events, fundraisers, and networking events.
The OAR Young Professionals Network of the Year will be recognized annually during the OAR Convention & Expo as well as spotlighted on the OAR website.
National Young Professionals
Join the national YPN network! (NAR log-in required*)
Socialize through Ohio Realtors social media connections: