The following criteria will apply to members who are nominated for OAR’s Distinguished Service Award. 2013 Application.
- The nominee must have attained the age of 60.
- The nominee must have a minimum aggregate total of 25 years as a licensed Ohio real estate agent/broker.
- The nominee has contributed 25 years of voluntary service, including leadership positions in local, state and national association and/or the Institutes, Societies and Councils. Further, nominees must be active in all levels of the Association at the time of submitting an application.
- It is imperative that applicants record all activities. The DSA Committee will not
- assume an applicant’s involvement at any level of the organization.
- Service as a paid staff member at any level of the REALTOR organization will not be counted toward the required 25 years of voluntary service.
- The nominee has not served as president of the Ohio Association of REALTORS; or is not an executive officer or local or state staff member.
- In the event a DSA recipient is selected president of OAR, that individual would relinquish and return the DSA.
- The Distinguished Service Award will not be awarded posthumously.
The powers and prerogatives of the DSA Committee are described below:
- Local Boards and Ohio Institutes, Societies and Councils may nominate active OAR members as candidates for the OAR Distinguished Service Award. There can be more than one nominee per Board, Institute, Society and Council, however, the DSA Committee strongly encourages a Local Board to nominate only one person for the award.
- The DSA Committee will review all nomination forms submitted for consideration and will eliminate those candidates who do not qualify, or those whose forms do not follow the established guidelines.
- The DSA Committee will not see supportive documents and materials–letters of recommendation, newspaper articles, news releases, etc.–with the candidate nomination form.
- Only nominations submitted on the official nomination form will be considered. Nominations that do not follow this exact format will be discarded.
- A current photograph (black and white or color) of the candidate must accompany the nomination form.
- All nominations must be signed by the Local Board or Institute, Society or Council president (if the institute, society or council is making the nomination).
- Nominations are not carried over from year-to-year. A new nomination form must be submitted for consideration each year.
- All DSA nomination forms submitted for consideration are kept strictly confidential. All materials submitted become the property of OAR and will not be returned. After the DSA Committee determines the recipient(s), all materials are destroyed.
- All nominations must be received by 5 p.m., Wednesday, August 14, 2013.
- There is no charge or application fee for nominating a DSA candidate.
Any questions can be directed to Nikki Gasbarro, Ohio Association of REALTORS, 200 E. Town St., Columbus, OH 43215 or by calling 614.228.6675.