We are the leading force driving real property ownership and promoting the value of a REALTOR in strengthening Ohio’s communities.
Goal 1: Property Rights & Public Policy Advocacy Ohio REALTORS vigilantly protects its members’ interests and real property rights through its influence at all levels of government and through legal action.
- Objective 1.1 … Ohio REALTORS continues to build relationships with state and federal government officials.
- Objective 1.2 … Ohio REALTORS supports member associations in their efforts to build relationships with local government officials.
- Objective 1.3 … Ohio REALTORS is committed to influencing the outcome of pending litigation and public policy issues at all levels of government affecting the real estate industry.
- Objective 1.4 … Ohio REALTORS is the leading source for protecting property rights and property ownership to its members and the public.
- Objective 1.5 … Ohio REALTORS has a comprehensive plan to effectively communicate legislative/legal successes to members and the public.
- Objective 1.6 … Ohio REALTORS has an established culture that encourages significant and consistent investment in RPAC.
- Objective 1.7 … Members are committed to the initiatives of Vote, Act, and Invest to grow Ohio’s My REALTOR party.
- Objective 1.8 … Ohio REALTORS has a comprehensive suite of services that will be provided by the Political Advocacy Fund (PAF) and empower local associations to utilize the PAF resources.
- Objective 1.9 … Ohio REALTORS leverages its coalitions with key industries and organizations as they pertain to REALTOR® public policy objectives.
- Objective 1.10 … Ohio REALTORS mobilizes its Governmental Affairs Director (GAD) team to assist, support and enhance local associations, Association Executives and GADs in their government affairs activities.
Goal 2: Communications Ohio REALTORS is the definitive real estate authority in Ohio.
- Objective 2.1 … Ohio REALTORS assists members in understanding and appreciating the value proposition of being a REALTOR.
- Objective 2.2 … Ohio REALTORS is positioned to be the definitive voice for Ohio real estate to the public.
- Objective 2.3 … Through a dynamic website and unified branding, Ohio REALTORS has a comprehensive plan to ensure and measure the effectiveness of its communications.
- Objective 2.4 … Ohio REALTORS provides resources and training on evolving technology to members and Local Associations.
- Objective 2.5 … Ohio REALTORS assists, supports and enhances the communication activities of the Local AEs and Communication Directors.
- Objective 2.6 … Ohio REALTORS has a targeted outreach program for principal brokers that addresses their needs and builds mutually beneficial relationships.
Goal 3: Organizational Development, Management, and Financial Solvency Ohio REALTORS has a dynamic structure and system of governance that provides for engaged member involvement, promotes and develops leadership at all levels of the REALTOR organization, and utilizes staff and financial resources efficiently.
- Objective 3.1 … Ohio REALTORS’s governance structure is flexible, efficient and provides for increased member involvement.
- Objective 3.2 … Provide leadership opportunities by proactively identifying and recruiting future leaders.
- Objective 3.3 … Ohio REALTORS’s meetings remain effective, efficient, and timely.
- Objective 3.4 … Driven by the strategic plan, Ohio REALTORS’s resource allocation, budgeting process and operating policies are sound and efficient.
- Objective 3.5 … Ohio REALTORS’s financial and investment policies protect and grow the Association’s assets.
Goal #4: Member Association Development Ohio REALTORS’ support to member associations increases their level of service to members.
- Objective 4.1 … Identify and provide resources that member associations want and need.
- Objective 4.2 … Provide, upon request, resources, guidance/facilitators for Associations and MLSs regarding joint ventures, shared services, consolidations, etc.
- Objective 4.3 … Provide professional development opportunities for Local Association Executives and notify Local Board leadership of those opportunities to encourage AE attendance.
- Objective 4.4 … Assist Local Associations with Code of Ethics education, enforcement and professional standards procedures and training.
- Objective 4.5 … Ohio REALTORS, via localized outreach, provides programs and information relevant to local associations.
- Objective 4.6 … Core Standards: Monitor and Assist Local Associations with meeting the Local Association requirements of NAR’s annual Core Standards mandate.
Goal #5: Member Services and Professional Development Provide professional development opportunities for members to increase their skills and professionalism.
- Objective 5.1 … Through a variety of learning methods, offer and promote industry specific career development programs.
- Objective 5.2 … Develop and promote professional development tools and resources that address relevant member issues and needs.
- Objective 5.3 … Collaborate with local boards/associations and brokerages to deliver relevant products, services and programs.
Goal 6: Global Real Estate Marketplace (defined as new commercial or residential real estate transactions with foreign nationals and immigrant clients, buyers with extended family abroad, employers of global corporations and other groups)–to position Ohio REALTORS as a leader in Ohio’s global real estate marketplace and its members as expert facilitators in global economic development.
- Objective 6.1 … Educate Ohio REALTORS membership about the Ohio REALTORS global business alliance.
- Objective 6.2 … Identify key economic development contacts within Ohio’s global marketplace.
- Objective 6.3 … Assist local Associations in establishing strategic relationships with local global business and cultural groups.
- Objective 6.4 … Establish Ohio REALTORS as a leading facilitator in market-to-market connections.
- Objective 6.5 … Leverage existing relationships to establish a foundation for Ohio REALTORS as a leader in the global real estate marketplace.
- Objective 6.6 … Create opportunities for engagement with both existing international real estate groups/associations and within our membership.