Coaching Corner: So you want a Happy New Year?
On December 29, 2017
By “Coach” Marilou Butcher Roth
How many of you start the new year with a list of resolutions, carefully designed to bring something into your life that currently you feel you are lacking? Potentially, more of something. This year let’s try something different — let’s focus your attention on items that bring more LIFE into your life! Let me get more clear on this.
Recently, during a vacation, I spotted a book called “Do More of What Makes You Feel Alive,” by Kobe Yamada. Of course, true to my nature, I picked it up and was delighted with what I saw and now have a few copies sitting on my desk. Its not a big book and each page has very few words, but the few words are very meaningful. It is filled with quotes designed to inspire a bigger life. Here are a few of my favorites:
- Imagine More…why not have a big life? (unknown)
- Shine More…every sunrise is an invitation for us to arise and brighten someone’s day. (Richelle E. Goodrich)
- Get More Involved…do something wonderful, people may imitate it. (Albert Schweitzer)
- Care More…a life spent loving…is a life well spent. (Suzanne Clothier)
- More Courage…everything you want is on the other side of fear. (Jack Canfield)
- Expect More…always believe that something wonderful is about to happen. (unknown)
- More Generosity…the meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away. (David Viscott)
- Feel More….be in love with your life, every minute of it. (Jack Kerouac)
- More Gratitude…appreciate everyone and everything in your life. (Wayne Dyer)
- More Happiness…life is meant to be fun, and joyous, and fulfilling. (Jim Henson)
- More Passion…let the beauty of what you love be what you do. (Rumi)
- Have More Fun…there is nothing in the world so irresistibly contagious as laughter and good humor. (Charles Dickens)
There are many more quotes within the book that I found to be inspiring. As you prepare to make your list of intentions for your new year, you might want to read through these quotes first, they might just bring about some different thoughts. Nothing is more powerful than inspired based action. (Marilou Butcher Roth)
Wishing you the happiest of New Years!!!
Marilou Butcher Roth is the owner of The MBR Group, a coaching and training company working primarily with REALTORS who have a desire to work and live from a more inspired place. She is also the Broker/Owner of Group REALTORS in Cincinnati.
Marilou is a member of the Ohio REALTORS Board of Directors and past chairman of the organization’s Communications Committee. Feel free to contact Marilou to see if coaching is right for you: Marilou@mbr-group.com
Tags: Coaching Corner, training