Coaching Corner: Organizing you!
On December 22, 2017
By “Coach” Marilou Butcher Roth
This year is days away from being over, and many of us have been, and are, spending time on holiday enjoyment and preparation. The thought of organization might be the last thought you want to have, however, we are going down that road right now! How great would it be to have new systems in place and have your office organized when 2018 makes its appearance? Let’s do it!
Here are some areas to focus on:
- Accounting — what type of system do you have in place for tracking tax exemptions and making sure tax money is put aside? If you currently have something that works, great! If not, find a method that works for you. In terms of paying taxes, both state and federal taxes can be paid on-line at any time, so perhaps you pay them at the time of closing rather than quarterly. Here are the links: Federal – EFTPS.gov. State – www.tax.ohio.gov.
- Leads — do you have a system to track your leads? If you do, evaluate the system to ensure that it is working in a way that is easy for you. If you do not, please set this up as soon as possible — you will be glad you did!
- Finding new business — do you have a plan for how you will generate new business in 2018? Is it complete? Do you feel excited when you think about it, or experience a sense of dread? If dread is your answer, think about another method of generating the business you want to see in the coming year.
- Your office space — whether you work from home or the office (or both), is your space supporting your most efficient work time, or are you moving piles around your desk on a regular basis? Please take the time to go through what is on your desk, in your desk drawers as well as the rest of your work space. Create an environment that inspires you, it makes such a difference!
- Your wardrobe — I know this may not seem to fit with the others, but you want to have the clothes that look and feel the best to you!
- Your mental attitude — how can you create some structure that supports a positive and healthy attitude? Having your head in the best space possible leads to success in all that you do!
These are just a few places where organization can assist you, there may be more that you come up with on your own. Be easy about this, and be persistent. Systems and structure can be extremely supportive to you both professionally and personally!
Marilou Butcher Roth is the owner of The MBR Group, a coaching and training company working primarily with REALTORS who have a desire to work and live from a more inspired place. She is also the Broker/Owner of Group REALTORS in Cincinnati.
Marilou is a member of the Ohio REALTORS Board of Directors and past chairman of the organization’s Communications Committee. Feel free to contact Marilou to see if coaching is right for you: Marilou@mbr-group.com
Tags: Coaching Corner, training