|District #3 Vice Presidents
Coldwell Banker Hunter Realty
25101 Chagrin Blvd., Ste. 170
Beachwood, OH 44122
Keller Williams Greater Cleveland Northeast
7400 Center St.
Mentor, OH 44060
More than 1,500 REALTORS from across Ohio and Kentucky gathered in Cincinnati for the first-ever joint Annual Convention & EXPO–enjoying a perfect mix of networking and professional development opportunities with fun and excitement.
Attendees were able to debate timely issues, learn from top instructors, network with industry peers and work toward creating a better tomorrow for the profession and property owners.
The 107th edition of the Ohio & Kentucky REALTORS Annual Convention & Expo on the shore of the Ohio River lived up to its billing of being the spot “Where Excellence Meets!”
Our four-day gathering, Sept. 24-27, afforded us the opportunity to share laughs, pursue initiatives to improve the industry, hear from some of the country’s top educators and renew and develop friendships with peers.
The Queen City proved to be the ideal locale, with perfect weather, unbelievable hospitality and lasting memories.
The Ohio REALTORS 2018 Leadership Team was installed at a special ceremony, followed by an Ohio River boat cruise that raised more than $40,000 for Ohio RPAC! Congratulations to the 2018 Leadership Team of President Tiffany Meyer, Ashland; President-elect Anjanette Frye, Dayton; Treasurer Chris Reese, Columbus; and Chief Executive Officer Bob Fletcher.
I’d be remiss if I didn’t extend a heartfelt thanks to our Convention Committee Chair Steve Casper, Vice Chair Heather Dunn and their outstanding Committee members for their tireless effort in orchestrating a memorable event!
Among the highlights:
- The industry honored Seth Task, of the Akron Cleveland Association of REALTORS, with the 2017 REALTOR of the Year award, recognizing his outstanding contributions at the local, state and national levels…a shining example of what makes our profession great!
- Ohio REALTORS Past President Bonnie Boyd, of Concord Township, was presented with the 2017 Vincent T. Aveni Lifetime Achievement Award for her significant contributions to the real estate profession in Ohio.
- The organization’s 2017 Phillip R. Barnes RPAC Achievement Award was given to Terry Hankner, of Cincinnati, for her unparalleled support and commitment to the organization’s Political Action Committee.
- Ohio REALTORS presented its prestigious Excellence in Community Service Award to Dale Frymyer, of the Midwestern Ohio Association of REALTORS, for his remarkable work in improving his community.
- Jerri Florio, of the Youngstown Columbiana Association of REALTORS, was honored as the recipient of the 2017 Ohio REALTORS Distinguished Service Award.
- Ohio REALTORS honored the second graduating class of its Leadership Academy. Congratulations to the 2017 class: Cole Cannon, Columbus; Rich Cosgrove, Stark County Association; Deborah Hafner, Toledo Regional Association; Amanda Hitchcock, Guernsey-Muskingum Valley Association; Brenda Kilburn, Toledo Regional Association; Rachel Lewitt, Butler-Warren Association; Amy Marinello, Wayne-Holmes Association; Anthony May, Akron Cleveland Association; Dawn Mueller, Lake Geauga Association; Traci Pauley, Wayne-Holmes Association; Joanne Zettl, Akron Cleveland Association; and Heather Zimmaro, Dayton Area Association.
- Congratulations to all of the Ohio REALTORS President’s Sales Club recipients who were in attendance and recognized for their outstanding efforts during a banquet held in their honor. A special tip of the hat to the following teams and individuals who were recognized in our various categories as the top recipient:
o The top team in transaction credits earned – The EZ Sales Team
o The top individual in transaction credits earned – TJ Zimmerman
o The top team in dollar volume – The EZ Sales Team
o And the top individual in dollar volume – Julie Back
- Directors overwhelmingly approved the 2018 Operating Budget that helps maintain the existing programs and services, incorporates new initiatives and provides financial stability to ensure our long-term viability of serving Ohio’s real estate professionals.
- Attendees were able to obtain upwards of 15 hours of free continuing education credit that was made available on an array of topics. Top-notch, nationally recognized instructors, such as–Bruce Aydt, Adorna Carroll, Pam Ermen, Chris Finney, Tom Lundstedt, Juanita McDowell, Amy Schmittaur, Phil Schulman, and Terry Watson–shared insights on the timely issues confronting the real estate marketplace.
- The Tomorrow’s Leaders Today program, which was established more than a decade ago, attracted 32 rising stars within the real estate profession. These members, who were nominated by their Local Board/Association, received a complimentary Convention registration and participated in a number of special events conducted specially for them. This is a great way of attracting future leaders to the state Association.
- Congratulations to Roberta Hiller, executive officer of the Warren Area Board of REALTORS, for receiving the 2017 Association Executives Scholarship Award.
- Directors unanimously approved resolutions honoring two distinguished Ohio REALTORS that recently passed away–Jennie Chiccola, of Cleveland, and Myrna Kobre, 1991 Ohio REALTORS President, from Columbus–for their lasting contributions to improving the state’s real estate industry.
- The Board of Directors elected a number of REALTORS to key leadership posts:
o 2020 NAR Region 6 Vice President: Greg Hrabcak
o NAR Director (2018-2020): Sara Calo
- It was announced that Ohio REALTORS long-standing support of the REALTORS Political Action Committee remains strong. The current campaign has attained investments of more than $730,000. In addition, 38 Local Boards/Associations were honored for their outstanding support of RPAC so far in 2017. The campaign continues through December 1. Finally, one of the nation’s leading political pundits, Charlie Cook, provided insights on the current political landscape at the annual RPAC Recognition breakfast.
- The Board of Directors presented the following Boards/Associations with the “Certificate of Merit” for their outstanding community service projects: Akron Cleveland Association, Ashland Board, Ashtabula County Board, Cincinnati Area Board, Columbus REALTORS, Delaware County Board, Marietta Board, Medina County Board, Portage County Board, Springfield Board, Stark County Board, Wayne-Holmes Association, and Youngstown Columbiana Association.
- Directors unanimously approved the final report of the Committee & Governance Structure Review Task Force, which includes a number of recommendations to make the operation of Ohio REALTORS more efficient.
- The Dayton Area Board’s Young Professionals Network was named the recipient of the Ohio REALTORS 2017 YPN Network of the Year Award.
- The Nominating Committee put forth the following candidates for elected office within the organization (to be voted on at the 2018 Spring Legislative Conference:
o 2019 Treasurer: Seth Task
o District Vice Presidents (2019-2020):
District 1–Kathy Shiflet, Columbus;
District 2–Kent Hilty, Heartland;
District 3–Ali Whitley, Akron Cleveland;
District 4–Dirck Everhart and Sandra Green, both of Scioto Valley;
District 5–Rachel Lewitt, Butler Warren, and Joe Mock, Cincinnati.
- Our sold-out EXPO featured hundreds of companies offering products and services designed to help REALTORS succeed in today’s ever-changing marketplace.
- Finally, the Association thanked the chairmen of its Committees and Forums for their outstanding work throughout the year, including:
o Appraisal – Michael Martin
o Association Executives – Jamie McMillen
o Business Technology – Chris Pedon
o Commercial/Industrial – Brant Smith
o Communications – Mike Valerino
o Convention – Steve Casper
o Distinguished Service Award – Joyce Goldsmith
o Enlarged Legislative – Seth Task
o Equal Opportunity – Michelle Billings
o Finance – Tiffany Meyer
o Legal Action – Marilou Butcher Roth
o Legal Issues – Kevin Kelly
o Legislative Steering – Seth Task
o Local Government Forum – John Mangas
o MLS Forum – Ralph Mantica
o Nominating – Greg Hrabcak
o Past Presidents Advisory – Greg Hrabcak
o Political Activity & RPAC Fundraising – Ali Whitley
o Products & Services – Cyndi Kane
o Professional Development – John Mangas
o Professional Standards Forum – Joe Mock
o Research Advisory – Noreen Marlowe
o Residential Property Management & Investment Forum – Rebecca Miller
o RPAC Trustees – Sue Lusk-Gleich
o Scholarship – Jill Rudler
o Strategic Planning – Rick DeLuca
o Young Professionals Network – Joe Dirk
As you can tell, activity at the Annual Convention was abundant – from start to finish. The tremendous turnout–in an active marketplace–is a testament to the vibrancy and importance of the REALTOR organization throughout Ohio.
Ohio REALTORS will continue working toward its goal of ensuring that members are given the necessary tools to succeed in the every-changing marketplace.
Thanks for your continued support!