The clutter is cleared. The house is clean. Now, what accessories and accents can you use to make a room look fresh and modern? ACCORDING TO LOCAL BOARD PRESIDENT’S NAME, Try chunky woven blankets, reflective surfaces, and tangerine combined with neutral shades.
PRESIDENT’S LAST NAME, SAYS staging experts agree that nature is popular in staging this year. Popular color palettes are reminiscent of natural elements—reds found in earth and soil, blues of the ocean, lush greens of the forest, and neutrals that draw from the softer, textured look of eggs, seashells, and sand. These natural tones are being paired with color accents, such as tangerine. Also look for accessories that incorporate natural elements: woven baskets, leather stools, and cotton towels. Other tips:
- Think zebra stripe rugs or leopard print votives! But beware: Use wild animal prints in small doses only.
- Framing a piece of digital fabric is a great way to create an inexpensive piece of artwork. Try textiles with fern or tree branch patterns.
- Add lace in subtle ways—on top of tablecloths or paired with bold colors. Traditional quilts and crochet pieces are also popular.
- Vintage is in vogue. Instead of ditching that old Asian rug, use it as the foundation for your room’s color and aesthetic palette. Add modern artwork and table accessories that complement vintage pieces.
- Think silk with suede, furniture with studs, shiny with vintage.
- Think about the clouds and water when choosing reflective white, blue, and silver objects and hardware. Mirrors are great for staging because they make rooms look bigger. Also consider mirrors in other ways, such as for a tray holding a tea cup and saucer or on a wall in an area where there isn’t a lot of light.