Today’s business and regulatory environment requires brokers to have in-depth knowledge of a variety of laws and regulations to stay out of legal trouble. From deciding the best way to structure your business to minimize liability, to supervising your agents and complying with office and trust account requirements, brokers need clear and accurate legal information. This Broker Toolkit is designed to do exactly that. We recommend that you bookmark this link and use the Toolkit whenever a legal issues arises.
- LEGAL FORMS OF LICENSURE AS A BROKER
- BROKER RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES UNDER THE LICENSE LAW
- TRUST ACCOUNT RESPONSIBILITIES
- INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR
- COMMISSION ISSUES
- UNAUTHORIZED PRACTICE OF LAW
- REAL ESTATE SETTLEMENT & PROCEDURES ACT (RESPA)