The purpose of the Ohio Association of REALTORS is to assist member associations in serving the needs of our members and to advocate public policies beneficial to the real estate industry.
To be the leading force advancing the real estate industry and preserving private property rights in Ohio.
Goal 1: Property Rights & Public Policy Advocacy — OAR vigilantly protects its members’ interests and real property rights through its influence at all levels of government and through legal action.
- Objective 1.1: Continue to build relationships with state and federal government officials.
- Objective 1.2: Support member associations in their efforts to build relationships with local government officials
- Objective 1.3: Influence the outcome of pending litigation and public policy issues at all levels of government affecting the real estate industry.
- Objective 1.4: Communicate to members and the public that OAR is the leading source for protecting property rights and ownership.
- Objective 1.5: Develop and implement a plan to effectively communicate legislative successes to members.
- Objective 1.6: Increase awareness and participation in RPAC.
- Objective 1.7: Increase participation in Calls-to-Action and other grassroots involvement.
Goal 2: Information Development, Technology & Communications — Through its provision of relevant and timely information, OAR positions the organization and its members to be recognized as the definitive real estate authorities in Ohio.
- Objective 2.1: Develop a comprehensive communication plan to ensure the effectiveness of the association’s communication vehicles, with respect to the following: formats, content, delivery and use of social media.
- Objective 2.2: Provide information to members on topics that will address consumer concerns and increase member professionalism.
- Objective 2.3: Provide resources and training opportunities for members to learn about evolving technological tools and trends.
- Objective 2.4: Develop individual member profiles to include on the OAR website.
Goal 3: Organizational Development & Management — OAR’s dynamic structure and system of governance provides for engaged member involvement and efficient utilization of human and financial resources.
- Objective 3.1: Evaluate and make recommendations related to OAR’s structure for flexibility, increased member involvement and efficiency.
- Objective 3.2: Develop a leadership development program for potential and aspiring leaders.
- Objective 3.3: Analyze the effectiveness and relevance of the OAR tri-annual meetings (attendance, offerings, structure, location, interaction, feedback, etc.),
- Objective 3.4: Ensure that the association’s resource allocation budgeting process and operating policies are sound and efficient and driven by the strategic plan.
Goal 4: Member Association Development — OAR’s support to member associations increases their level of service to members.
- Objective 4.1: Identify and provide resources that member associations want and need.
- Objective 4.2: Determine the need and criteria for more member association mergers/consolidations and encourage associations to make those changes where needed.
Goal 5: Member Services and Professional Development — OAR’s member services are relevant and foster professionalism and earning potential.
- Objective 5.1: Evaluate all OAR products, services and programs for relevancy and value to members.
- Objective 5.2: Identify and offer market-justified educational programs, including specialty topics, NAR designations and certifications, etc., and provide various delivery methods and options.
- Objective 5.3: Continue to offer and promote exclusive educational offerings. (e-Pro, e.g.).
(Note: the goals have been prioritized, but not the objectives, which are numbered for identification purposes only.)